What to Wear For Senior Guys Pictures
Hey guys! Are you wondering what to wear for Senior Guys Pictures? You didn’t think this was just fun for the ladies did you? Get ready to bring out your inner 9 year old for just a minute and post a sign on the board that reads “No Girls Allowed”. They’ve got their own blog. They don’t need yours. This post is all about Senior Guys and how to look AWESOME in your Senior Pictures. Ladies, don’t get jelly…your blog is right here: What to Wear For Senior Girls
First off, I know you guys aren’t usually thrilled about getting your picture taken. I have 4 boys of my own. Getting any of them to sit still in front of a camera is a feat I feel I deserve an award for. Do they make a parenting award like that? Let’s get real. Senior guys are usually only doing a session because mom said so, grandma guilted and/or your girlfriend begged. We get it. You’re way too busy and to cool to play dress up and smile. But we don’t want this session to feel like a chore for you. We’re about to capture who you are and tell your amazing story. You want people to know your cool story, right? The first place to make this more fun for you is……outfit advice? Yeah, trust me. It is. Having someone help make it easier on what to wear helps out a lot. So, you can focus on just being you.
We like to use Planning Guides that help you understand what to expect at our shoot and give you ideas about why it’s important for you to pick the setting. First, you choose the Best Location to Take Your Senior Photos. Next, you’ll fill out our questionnaire to help us get to know you. Finally, we use what we call a Mood Board that gives us a visual idea of what you want us to capture.
Senior Outfit Tips For Guys
1. Mom’s (Grandma’s) Outfit- The first outfit is usually what mom picks out. Trust me, she’ll have an opinion. If you’re mom is anything like me this is where she’ll remind you of the long nights pacing the floor with you and how she brought you into this world. Typically, us moms pick out a super clean cut outfit on the dressier side. We like to show you off all dapper. Button up shirt, khakis or slacks, and loafers or dress shoes make us moms happy. Want to score real points for being the best son ever? Throw in a fancy fedora or a tie (they sell zipper ones now). The more successful and handsome you look the more we can clutch our chest and say: Oh mommy’s heart and soul!!
2. The ‘YOU’ Outfit- The second outfit is all about you. What do you feel really comfortable in? Do you kick it in jeans and a t-shirt? Are khakis and polo shirts your go-to? If you’re sporty maybe your jersey or team jacket would be nice. The ‘YOU’ outfit is going to be the one you look back on and smile. It’s the one you give out to friends because it’s how they’ll remember you. Best of all, it’s the one you already own. No boring shopping trip to pick out new clothes.
3. Match the Location- Remember I mentioned earlier how we want you to Pick the Location of your Shoot? (That’s a link to our blog about cool locations around Erie County.) Well, it just makes sense to have your outfit match the location. Are you really going to wear a tuxedo on the beach? Would those Nike Sandals and basket ball shorts look the best in front of marble pillars at the court house? Think about where you’re taking your photos so you don’t stick out like a sore thumb.
4. Think About the Season- I’ve got this group of Seniors I shot last year who are all Skiers. They belong to the Ski Club and they work at the Ski Lodge near us. They were all talking about getting their Senior Pictures during the winter on the slopes. It makes sense for them to wear warm sweaters, ski jackets, and long sleeve shirts. Can you imagine a Hawaiian Luau Shirt on the slopes? Matching what to wear for Senior Guys Pictures with both location AND season makes sense.
5. Don’t Be Afraid of Props- This is where all the Senior Guys I’ve shot have excelled. They love adding something personal and fun into their portrait session. One added a football with his Class year on it because….you guessed it…he played football. Another loved his expensive sunglasses so he brought those along. Add those little touches that make you…you. You’ll feel more comfortable and really capture who you are that way.
6. NO NEON- Guys. Let’s talk. The ’80’s were…….best left in the ’80’s. I still have PTSD from the leather and lace, white rain hair, neon spandex, and too much Madonna. Neon did NOT age well AND it looks terrible in photos. Neon is a photographers nightmare. Not too mention you’re dating yourself by wearing outfits that are trendy for only 10 minutes before they (thankfully) get shoved back into the bottom of your closet under the soccer cleats. Neon is….just don’t. Thanks.
7. ADIDAS…..Adios- Okay look. I know you paid a lot of part time fast food job money for those Nike pants and that Adidas logo hoodie. But come on. These pictures need to be classy and last forever. Photos in gear with huge logos and company names printed across them just aren’t invitation or newsprint material. And they are super distracting. I strongly suggest you make your Champion Sports statement during school and not during your Senior Photo Session. I had one guy do this once. His photos in that sweatshirt aren’t anywhere near as nice and his mother didn’t order any of them.
8. Use Your Interests- If you’re in sports, bring that uniform. If you were in marching band bring your instrument. Hey, if you love to drive around in your JEEP on the weekends wash it up and grab some pics with your JEEP. It’s important that you reflect YOU.
If you’re still a little nervous about planning your session even after learning about What to Wear For Senior Guys Pictures, don’t worry! You can find out some more tips on How to Prepare. We know you’re so busy thinking about regular life that you’re not really sitting down mapping out your Senior Portraits and that is just why we wrote all these blogs to help you out! Let’s make getting ready easy and fun so that your session is also easy and fun.
Book Erie Photography, Photographer Services for Your Wedding or Next Event.
Erie Wedding & Event Services
Wedding Disc Jockey | Erie Photography | Wedding Photo Booth | Wedding Videography
1001 State Street, Suite 1400, Erie, PA 16501
814.246.2148 | email@example.com | www.erie-photography.com
Begin Planning Your Photo Shoot
Now that you got it going on because you know what to wear for senior guys pictures it’s time to reach out and schedule your session! One of our friendly team members will get right back to you!
Where to Take Engagement Photos Are you wondering where to take engagement photos? While we'll...
When To Take Engagement Photos The question has been popped and the answer is YES!! Now, when to...
How to Find the Best Wedding Photographer You said yes! Now what? With so many things to do...
About Erie Photography
Erie Photography is a team of talented local photographers. We proudly offer photography for every moment of your life. In addition, we offer a combination of photography styles to suit your needs. Further more, we happily edit in a number of popular styles to complete your success story! Above all, our clients satisfaction is our primary goal.
Our Family Photography focuses on preserving your family’s milestones. Your photographer will work with you so they understand what will make your photo session a success.
Your Wedding Photography will capture your love story. Your Wedding Photographer will work alongside you to ensure that your personalities and story are elegantly captured to share.
Our Portrait Photography covers everything from Maternity Photos to Newborn Sessions to Senior Photography. Celebrate your milestones with a Professional Portraiture Session.
Plan Your Senior Portrait Session
Now that you’re all ready to go and armed with an arsenal of helpful tips….reach out. We can’t wait to talk with you about setting up your photo session.